Luke 2:52 states that “Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” The goal of the Calvinist Cadet Corps, based upon that verse, is to help boys to grow spiritually in all areas of life (devotional, mental, physical, and social) by providing Christian men with a uniquely designed structure, program, and materials so that they can mentor boys effectively.
The Calvinist Cadet Corps is an independent (non-denominational) youth ministry organization whose purpose is to provide the local church with a ministry program that will enable them to effectively share Christ’s love with boys from their church and community.
God is revealed in His Word
– The cadeting ministry encourages studying the Bible as the guide to life. God is revealed in nature
– The cadeting ministry encourages experiencing the presence of the Lord in His glorious creation. Learning the skills of an outdoorsman builds a boy’s character, and developing a boy’s understanding of his place in God’s world helps him to be a faithful steward. Men as God’s servants
– The Calvinist Cadet Corps is the ministry of men of God who are dedicated to bring boys into a living relationship with their Lord and Savior. These men, understanding their imperfection, hold on to the promise that the Lord will bless their prayers, their example, and their instruction if they rely on God’s strength.
There are many boys in many neighborhoods who want to belong — they want to feel apart of something — they want to feel like they have accomplished something — they want to feel like someone cares about them. The cadeting ministries have the ingredients to fill those needs.
- Cadets offers a “club” atmosphere.
- Uniforms and routine help to instill a healthy pride in its members.
- Cadets offers merit badges and certificates to honor achievement.
- Cadets offers a safe haven where good behavior and productivity are expected.
- Cadets offers a mentoring relationship with a Christian man who will take interest in each of the five or six boys in his cadre.